The European Master’s Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation
The European Interuniversity Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) and 41 participating universities from all member states of the European Union are proud to present to you the European Master’s Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation (E.MA) 2018/2019.
We write to you on this occasion to kindly ask you to disseminate the launch of the 2018/2019 edition of the E.MA on your platforms. As follows we will provide you with some information on the programme, as well as include some useful attachments.
E.MA is an intensive one-year course aimed at educating up to 90 professionals annually in the field of human rights and democratisation. The Master’s Degree is also an action- and policy-oriented approach to learning that combines legal, political, historical, anthropological, and philosophical perspectives with skills building activities, an in-depth study of the following areas: Human Rights Institutions, Mechanisms and Standards; Human Rights in Context: Historical, Philosophical, Religious and Anthropological Perspectives; Democratisation; Human Rights and Globalisation; Human Rights and Security.E.MA is the foundation for a successful career in national, international, governmental, inter- and non-governmental organisations, as well as academic institutions dealing with human rights and democratisation.
5 reasons why people choose E.MA:
- Possibility to do internships and fellowships in leading human rights organisations;
- Ties with EU institutions and links with international governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental organisations for a regional and at the same time global experience;
- Attractive placement opportunities;
- Extensive worldwide E.MAlumni Association for contacts, job opportunities, career development, projects, research;
- A unique human experience during which all those involved (students, faculty and resident staff) develop long-term bonds and networks with each other.
Interested? Here are the practicalities:
Applications will be processed in two rounds
– First round deadline: 22 January 2018
– Second round deadline: 19 March 2018
The criteria used during the selection process are described in here.
Teaching method: Face to face teaching
TUITION FEES: Tuition fees amount to 5.500 euro (plus enrolment fee of 150 euro)
You can follow E.MA with the hashtag #GCEurope #EMAstudents on Facebook, Twitter, Google + and Instagram.